FDIG is open to faculty members who:
- teach at public or private and technical institutions in Georgia;
- are nominated by their respective college presidents;
- receive a year's leave of absence to study, with the provision that they return for at least a year's teaching after their leave is completed; and
- have been admitted to a doctoral program at the University of Georgia.
We are not accepting nominations at this time.
Criteria for Selection
- a strong and cogent president's nomination;
- teaching competence and academic potential as demonstrated by success in teaching, previous academic record, and other evidence;
- the instructional needs of the nominee's college;
- standing in competition with other candidates; and
- distributional consideration of the total group.
Assistantship awards for Faculty Development in Georgia will be announced in the spring.
In addition to filling out the UGA Graduate School online application you must also complete our online application. This area is password protected, please contact Megan Holloway to receive your password.