Criteria and Standards for Admission
All applications to the M.Ed. program are reviewed holistically to ensure that the program is a good fit for an applicant's academic and professional interests and abilities. The most competitive applicants demonstrate how their previous experiences, current interests, and future professional plans align with graduate study in the McBee Institute. The M.Ed. program is designed for both full-time and part-time students. Criteria and standards for admission are the same for full-time and part-time students.
Application packet will include:
- Completed Graduate School Online Application
- The McBee Institute of Higher Education is pleased to offer application fee waivers for those applying for admission in the Fall 2023 term to the PhD or MEd programs in Higher Education. These need-based waivers are limited and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To be considered for the waiver, please email a brief statement of need along with a current CV and your contact information to Megan Waters Holloway at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your domestic or international application status in the statement of need. You will be notified on the status of the waiver within 1 week of submission.
- Please note that these waivers must be processed in advance of your application to the UGA Graduate School. Please do not apply until you have received instructions on how to do so. Applicants who apply before the waiver is processed cannot be reimbursed.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Current Graduate Record Exam scores
- The submission of GRA scores is optional. GRE scores are helpful in our holistic review of each application, but not required.
- The applicant's statement of interest (maximum of 500 words)
- Letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions are acceptable as part of the application review process. However, official transcripts will be required if admitted to the program.
Because the M.Ed. program is directed toward entry- and mid-level professionals in higher education administration, in the admissions process the Institute faculty will emphasize that applicants should be interested in or already hold professional positions in higher education, research, or public policy.
Prospective students must complete the UGA Graduate School Online application
Information needed for the online application:
- Degree Objective: MEd
- Major: Higher Education
- Degree Objective/Major Code: MED_EDHI
Please note: Applicants who are interested in earning a master’s of education in student affairs administration should visit the College of Education program. Applications for student affairs administration are processed through the College of Education.