The Louise McBee Institute aspires to be a national and international leader in the rigorous study and advancement of postsecondary education.
The McBee Institute advances effectiveness, equity, diversity, efficiency, and innovation in colleges and universities by preparing graduate students, undertaking research, supporting outreach programs, and engaging with state, national, and global leaders in areas relating to postsecondary education.
Our Mission in Action
The Louise McBee Institute of Higher Education:
- prepares informed, reflective leaders for colleges, universities, higher-education systems, governmental agencies, and other organizations relating to postsecondary education;
- undertakes research from multiple disciplinary perspectives and methodological traditions to build knowledge about postsecondary education;
- communicates that knowledge to institutional leaders, policymakers, researchers, the media, and other stakeholders;
- works with the community of policymakers, researchers, educational leaders, and others worldwide seeking to improve access and quality in postsecondary education;
- prepares researchers to contribute to foundational, theoretical, and practical knowledge about postsecondary education.
Our Core Values
In pursuing our vision and our mission, the Louise McBee Institute of Higher Education:
- embraces and advances diversity through teaching, research, and service engagements contributing to equity in educational opportunities and outcomes;
- supports the use of evidence-based decisionmaking in all matters relating to postsecondary education;
- endorses the belief that broad participation in postsecondary education improves individual lives and benefits society;
- listens to the voices of all who aspire to and participate in postsecondary education;
- encourages the development of a global community of postsecondary-education leaders and researchers.