To improve postsecondary education policy and practice in the state, region, and beyond, in order to:
- produce the highest quality policy-relevant research;
- educate both scholars and practitioners capable of producing and applying such research;
- provide expertise to help guide postsecondary policy formulation and implementation;
- promote the highest quality teaching in Georgia's colleges and universities;
- support the scholarship and activities of first-rate public service and outreach; and
- ensure that the Institute of Higher Education will be regarded as the model of excellence in higher education, recognized for its integration of teaching, research, and outreach.